The following scholarships are available to entering freshmen in engineering:
- Davenport Leadership Scholarships are $7,000 renewable awards based on academic merit. The application for this scholarship consists of two stages.
All those invited to submit an application will be notified of the award status by March 14, 2016. This scholarship does not require financial aid (as determined by FAFSA), but is open to U.S. Citizens only.
- NOTE: Survey deadline has passed. Info here is for reference only until next scholarship is available
- Stage 1: A brief survey must be submitted between December 1, 2015 and January 25, 2016 (Access to the survey will be linked here beginning 12/1/15) Survey asks for information about Extracurricular Activities, Leadership positions, and Honors and Awards, Employment (paid or volunteer), and current high school GPA (as reported in last grade report), and current email address.
- Stage 2 (By invitation only): Full application. Following review of initial surveys, candidates will be invited by February 1, 2016 to submit a full application.
- Pratt Scholarships have no application process. Students will be selected for these one-time $5,000 awards on the basis of being a first generation college student (i.e. no parent has received a 4-year college degree), and on superior academic credentials. Recipients of these awards will be notified by late March 2016. This scholarship does not require financial need (as determined by FAFSA). International students will be considered for this scholarship.
- All other freshmen scholarships have no application process. Students will be considered for remaining scholarships based upon admission to the College of Engineering as an entering freshman student in General Engineering. Announcements of these awards will be made by late March 2015.
Email with Questions or call (540) 231-2226
Transfer Student Scholarships
Transfer students from Virginia's community colleges may apply for the Leo A. Padis Scholarships. Padis Scholarships are available only to Engineering Associate Degree graduates of the Virginia Community College System. Awards are $1000 and are merit based. Applications will be available on this site by March 1, 2016 for new transfer students starting summer or fall 2016. Application deadline is June 1, 2016.