Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity
The Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity (CEED) opened its doors in the fall of 1992. Since that time, the office has grown and expanded its efforts to provide encouragement and support to engineering students, focusing on the under-represented population. Virginia Tech students are among the best and brightest - our office recognizes this, and through various activities, we assist them in achieving the excellence of which they are capable.
Mission: The objectives and goals of CEED are:
- to increase the diversity of students who apply to, enroll, and graduate from the College of Engineering;
- to increase the awareness of engineering and other technical fields as an exciting and rewarding career path to a diverse population;
- to provide academic, professional and personal support programs;
- to provide support to student organizations that support our mission, including the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, the Society of Women Engineers, and Council for the Advancement of Minority Engineering Organizations; and
- to foster collaboration between the Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity, the University, industry, and the local community to support our mission.
Virginia Tech Engineering Diversity Statistics